Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Let the Countdown Begin!

Attention. Attention.
It was quickly brought to my attention this morning that there are only 12 school days left until the EOGs (my heart just quivered and then plummeted to pits of my stomach)
AND only 31 work days until "SCHOOLS. OUT. FOR. SUMMER."

Yes, I did indeed, just reference the Alice Cooper 1970's hit (thank you, Guitar Hero)... What a genius song!! Alice Cooper, said that the song is about the greatest three minutes of your life... "that there's two times during the year. One is Christmas morning, when you're just getting ready to open the presents. The greed factor is right there. The next one is the last three minutes of the last day of school when you're sitting there and it's like a slow fuse burning. I said, 'If we can catch that three minutes in a song, it's going to be so big."

Needless to say, I'm counting down the weeks. days. hours. minutes. until I can finally have a break from this hectic routine of obnoxiously early mornings, jam-packed, stress-filled days with hours of paperwork and planning. It might not seem like much, but 2 months of freedom semi-freedom is much needed. (note: I will still be working... because I would go utterly insane from boredom if I didn't have something to preoccupy me from 8-4 everyday. I mean, there's only so many hours to lay out by the pool)

With the end of the school year oh so close, I catch myself in a constant state of daydreaming... I swiftly drift off to days where I will be soaking up some rays by the pool with a Skinny Girl Margarita in hand, dancing with the best at summer concerts, road tripping to Charleston, Pittsburgh, Vegas and beyond, or taking an afternoon boat ride across the lake. (tubing to be reluctantly considered after "near death experiences" last summer... thank you High Rock Rowdies)


Daydreaming put aside... I can only start to think in the best way that my brain functions... "list making." I am a pro when it comes to making list: grocery lists, to do lists, "not" to do lists, bucket lists, packing lists, (I actually admitted to having a packing list saved in a word document on my laptop last week... oops.) You name it, and I can make a lists for it.
Today I started a list of "things to purchase before summer arrives."
These are just a few items that have made the list:
1. Essie "haute as hello"- racy, scorching coral

Main image - Green Bean Stamped
2. Lilly Pulitzer Callahan Shorts- Green Bean Stamped

Josie Tunic Medium
3. Lilly Pulitzer Josie Tunic

Kenya Stripe Women's Wedges
4. TOMS wedges

List to be continued...

What's on your 2011 Summer Must Haves List?? Comment on the blog and share... maybe I can add some of your must haves to my own list!!

No comments:

Post a Comment