Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wrong Side of the Bed

To say that today was "just not my day" would be an understatement. Let's just say I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. This week has been nothing short of stressful. If I had made a list of the things that I didn't wanted to do on my final week of summer vacation then I would be very close to checking all of those things off... everything from 4 hour meetings and doctor's appointments to locking myself out of my house (for the second time... and in my pj's.)

So after a few hours of crying through reruns of Grey's Anatomy... thank you Lifetime for having the saddest episodes of the show's existence on today... I started trying to think of things that had actually gone right this week to attempt to cheer myself up.

1. My order from Marley Lilly finally arrived yesterday! I'm loving my new monogrammed croakies and wristlet! The color of the wristlet turned out better than I could ever have expected. I'm usually not a fan of purple but this "longchamp" inspired wristlet is perfect for a day of shopping or night out.



2. My classroom is finally complete! Yesterday, I was determined to not leave the school until everything was done. Now I can actually try to relax a little bit tomorrow on our first Teacher Workday instead of pulling my hair out. Pandora and Cheerwine have replaced bulletin boards and lesson plans on my agenda.



3. Mom and I stopped in Raleigh to do some shopping on our way to pick up M (our foreign exchange student) from the airport. After hours... literally hours... of indecisiveness, I finally chose what new bag I wanted for my birthday. It was a close battle between Longchamp and JPK but I couldn't sway from my loyal Longchamp.


4. I finally sold my paper wreath on Etsy! I've actually sold quite a few paper wreaths this summer by word of mouth but I wanted so badly to actually sell the one that I've had listed on Etsy dot com. I wish you would've heard me scream when I got the email about the purchase while sitting at a stop light today. The guy beside me may have thought I was little more than crazy dancing around in my car

5. Birthday plans are finally made. I'm so excited about celebrating my birthday this weekend and cannot wait for it to finally get here. It's been too long since I've gone out with all of the girls and dinner at PFChangs is just what I need to finish off a week like this. Daydreams of Skinnygirl Margaritas are hopefully going to get me through tomorrow's work day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the longchamp and the monogrammed wristlet...I might be swiping Marley Lilly from you for a post on my blog. Happy back to school week!

    ReplyDelete