Monday, August 8, 2011

Just Call Me Martha

Martha Stewart that is... 

Now that I'm in my new house and have free rein over what color the walls are, where I can place a nail and how loud I play my music... I'm in heaven!

Who knew that there would be such a difference in renting and owning a place. I mean, my apartment was virtually mine but there was still this lurking thought in the back of my mind that the space that I called "mine" was actually not mine at all. It was borrowed space that I couldn't make my own.

Now, I am making up for lost time and transforming my house into my very own perfect space. The walls are painted, pictures are hung, and furniture is precisely placed. I'm starting to wonder if there is a line between feng shui and OCD. And if there is, I'm pretty sure it's darn thin and I've already crossed it.

Over the past week, I've learned a few things about myself:

1. I hate moving with a passion and moving in 100 degree heat doesn't help. I believe that everything should be done quickly... why wait til later? As a result, I had my whole house unpacked and decorated within 48 hours. OCD... probably!
Boxes. Boxes. and more Boxes!
Goodbye downtown!
2. I absolutely do not have a green thumb and quite possibly have the kiss of death when it comes to plants. Oh and did I mention that I inherited a garden with the new house. I'm sure you can see how this is going to end.
Ivy plant from one of my students... didn't go so well!
3. All technology frustrates me, as well as the lack there of. I thought being without Internet and cable was bad enough but I hit my breaking point when they were both finally installed and my Internet still didn't work for 2 days. Needless to say, a bottle of wine and a little venting helped.

4. Shopping with my mother leads to me throwing all my cares out the window and filling up the cart. Oh and eating everything that I shouldn't... ie. an entire box of Dunkin Donut Munchkins


 5. I need to start working out... not out of want but out of need. My excessive eating-out and ice cream before bed over the past few months is starting to catch up with me. Starting tomorrow a morning run routine is going into affect! (text me at 7am and see how that's going... or just to see if I'm actually out of bed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment