Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back to Civilization...

Who knew it would be this hard to go without cable or Internet for a week?!? For those of you who don't already know, I am officially a new home owner as of last Friday! Moving was anything but a breeze with temperatures hitting 100 degrees but I am officially living in my new house... without cable and Internet that it. Time Warner first told me that it would be 2 weeks before they could make it out to install my much needed connection to the world but I finagled my way and they are now coming out this Friday.

For those of you who read my blog daily, which is probably a measly one person... and also probably my mother, I apologize for the lack of ranting and raving over the past week. I'm going to try and squeeze in a few posts while I'm at my parent's house waiting to for my hair appointment. So you will not be deprived of my banter for much longer.

Thank goodness for my iPhone to keep me connected with email, Facebook and Twitter over the past week. Still, my iPhone couldn't help much with the lack of cable. But don't you worry...redbox to the rescue! I've watched more movies in the past 3 days than I would usually watch in a month so I thought I'd share my redbox reviews.
*sidebar: redbox is running a special- rent one movie for $1 and get a second rental for 50 cent

No Strings Attached- I might be a little bias here because I love both Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman so I surprisingly liked this movie. Now I would have to say that this isn't a movie that I would watch with my mother;  but I'm a sucker for tragically painful love stories and this one was nothing short of painful. I wouldn't quite place the movie in the romantic comedy genre because it wasn't all that funny but somehow the characters seemed to suck me in and I didn't want the movie to end. Definitely a chick flick movie night.




I Am Number Four- Truthfully the only reason that I rented this movie was because I couldn't find anything else that I hadn't already seen in my redbox, but I'm glad I stumble upon this number. Is it just me or does every movie today surround the concept of aliens? This movie however didn't fit the cliche of every other alien movie. Not only was the lead character a hot guy, the story was action pack and had me on the edge of my seat. No all that predictable and had a decent ending that looks like it will lead to a sequel. Overall a great movie for a date night because your guy is sure to like it.



Beastly- First of all, who is this Alex Pettyfer guy? He was the lead role in I Am Number Four and Beastly... how did I manage to get to see him two movies in a row... but I'm not complaining! Although this movie is nothing short of a Disney channel replay, it was a great flick. Borderline predictable and a little sappy teenage love story but I loved it.Definitely a "chick-flick" and get for a night in with nothing but a huge bowl of popcorn and king size Reese's (yes I went there last night.)

For those of you who are the type to want to read the book before the movie, this is supposedly one of those movies. But I've not read the book so I'm not one to talk.


Source Code- Before I say anything else, GREAT MOVIE! I love action packed movies with flashbacks and this is definitely one of them. The story line is very unpredictable and keeps you wanting more until the very last second. I would recommend this movie to anyone without a doubt that they would love it. It has a great ending that leaves you feeling like the movie was a success. Just when you think the movie is about to end, the writers take it to a whole nother level and leave you in a brilliant state of shock.




Aside from my redbox overload, I also went to see a movie in theaters.
Cowboys and Indians- I'll come right out and say that I hated it. Even though I laughed quite a bit at the outrageously overdone acting and horrible created "aliens," I would've asked for my money back. First of all, who comes up with this stuff and second of all who actually likes these movies?!

No comments:

Post a Comment