Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: Skinny What!?

As most of you know... and hopefully you've figured out from reading my blog... I have a weak spot for tequila. Not just any tequila now. I've learned the hard way to never declare yourself a "insert specific alcohol girl." The first thing people tend to do when you declare your loyalty to one specific alcohol is buy you shots so please be forewarned.

In college I would never have touched tequila unless it was masked with gallons of margarita mix at good ol El V's. But who can base their taste for drinks on what you drank in college. Wasn't it a known fact that anything could be a chaser in college. Orange juice, cranberry juice, Gatorade... you name it. I'm actually getting a little queasy thinking of the concoctions that we some how managed to create.

But now that I've become one of those... what do they call them... adults that only sip on a drink after a hard day at work or accompany a dinner out with friends with a nice wine. I've grown a little picky in the alcohol department. My motto now would be "the lighter the better." If I'm going to have a drink then I don't want to feel like I've gained 15 pounds and can't stand to eat another bite of dinner... because heaven known I like my food. So thank goodness for this new world of "Skinny" drinks.

Bethenny Frankel introduced us all to Skinnygirl Margaritas and now Skinnygirl Sangria. Both two of my favorite and only things I pick up at the liquor store. But now I have another skinny drink to add to my menu and it happens to be one of my all time FAVORITE drinks. Skinny Tea from Firefly!! Don't tell me that you're not going to run out and try to find this right now!

So Cheers and Skinny sipping on this miserably hot Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment