Friday, May 20, 2011

Gaga Madness

I will be the first to say that I more than often get caught up in singing along to some Gaga on my XM. Every song is so intoxicating catchy... how can one not get sucked in?! Even if you're not a fan, I would bet millions that you know all of the words to at least one Gaga hit.

Speaking of millions, Lady Gaga (Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta) has managed to rack up a net worth of more than $110 million in a drastically short period of time. She is this generation's Madonna and is practically worshipped by some.

I am not a die hard Gaga "Monster" fan (as they call themselves) so I was a little late in viewing her new Music Special on HBO, "Lady Gaga Presents the Monster Ball Tour: At Madison Square Garden." But today for some reason, I stumbled across it while I was on the phone. After watching bits and pieces during my phone convo, too concentrated in catching up with my amazing college roommate to change the channel, I didn't realize what I was watching.

Once I got off the phone, I was so caught off guard by the provocativeness of her dancing and obscenities that I couldn't help but keep watching.

Now over an hour later... here I am still watching it! I actually caught myself sitting here wide eyed with my jaw dropped as I watched this concert that was nothing like anything I've ever seen before.
Has anyone else watched this special on HBO or even been to a Gaga concert? No question about it... she has an astonishing voice but her concert is nothing short of insanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment