Monday, May 2, 2011

I Want More for My Money

Lately, I've found a new output for my incessant shopping addictions.... couponing. Please don't roll your eyes and immediately jump to images of that new show on TLC, Extreme Couponing. I will be the first person to say that those couponers are suffering from temporary insanity and way too much extra time on their hands. No normal human being needs 53 tubes of toothpaste or 78 bars of deodorant.

Couponing has become a game for me. Yes... I am in fact a 40 year old woman at heart. My mother even laughs at my new obsession and proceeds to embarrass me at the register(because I refuse to coupon on my own out of a slight guilt of making the poor cashier ring up hand fulls of coupons) by explaining my obsession with couponing to the decently good looking cashier.

This week is Super Double Coupon week at Harris Teeter... and needless to say this is the only week that I use coupons. Harris Teeter will double any coupon up to $1.98. Oh... and half of the store is buy one get one free. Put together, that means that you can buy one of those "buy one get one free items" and get it for half price... then use a coupon that is double and voila... free item. My goal is to make one trip to the grocery store and see how many things that I can buy get for free. Goal: a balance of $0.00!

Latest Grocery Trip:
Grocery Bill: $31.00
- Money Saved: $28.00
Money Spent: $3.00
SUCCESS!

And after savings like that...I can justify my other splurges... including the TOMS wedges I've been dying for... and wore to work today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment