This weekend I was dying to try a new recipe so I settle on cooking up a batch of Zucchini Chips. I have seen several people post about Kale Chips (which I'm going to have to try this week) but a family friend just sent my parents a huge bundle of vegetables from their garden and among the deliciousness was a huge Zucchini. The recipe was extremely simple. Borderline cooking for dummies. But you must be patient with this snack because it does take a while to bake.
2 large zucchinis
EVO (Olive Oil)
Baking Sheet (or 2)
Sharp knife or mandolin (my next purchase)
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees
2. Cut the zucchinis into small slice about the thickness of a dime (the thinner you cut them the quicker they cook and the crispier they turn out)
3. Cover the baking sheets with parchment paper (do not use wax paper)
4. Lay out the zucchini slices on the paper in one layer
5. LIGHTLY brush the zucchini slices with EVO
6. Sprinkle kosher salt on the slices (add a tad of ground pepper if you like a little spice)
7. Bake the zucchini on 250 degrees for 30 minutes then turn the pan (not the zucchini) and bake for another 30 minutes
8. After the first 30 minutes of baking, check the zucchini every 15 minutes or so and remove slices as they turn golden brown
*Warning: These chips will be consumed in a matter of minutes. I couldn't help myself. The chips that finished early were gone before the oven timer even went off. They are absolutely addicting and so delicious! They just might become an every day snack in my house.