|remember, I'm not a food photographer... but it was delicious!|
Pre-made Pie Crust from the freezer section (brand doesn't matter)
1 Sweet Onion (even if you don't like onion you'll love this)
4 Small Tomatoes (I used 3 yellow tomatoes and 1 red tomato... the yellow ones are the best because they aren't as acidic so they're almost sweeter)
4 Basil Leaves Chopped or Basil Spice
Salt and Pepper
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
1 Cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
3/4 Cup Mayo (you can use lite mayo if you please)
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Let the pie crust set out for about 5 minutes if it is still really frozen
- If the pie crust is soft then you are ready. Take a fork and lightly poke the bottom of the crust to avoid bubbling.
- Bake the crust at 350 for about 8 minutes... do not let it get golden brown!
- Slice the sweet onion into very thin slices vertically (you need about 5 slices) and set aside.
- Cut the tomatoes vertically and squeeze the excess juice out of them.
- Cut the tomatoes into small slices and place them in a colander.
- Take a paper towel and press the tomatoes to get all excess juice out (the more juice you get out the better) and set aside.
- Mix in a separate bowl the two cheeses and the mayo. This should make a creamy consistency.
- When pie crust is finished, place the onions in one layer on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Add tomatoes on top of the onions.
- Spread the cheese mix over the entire top of the pie.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Slice and eat warm!