Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thirsty Thursday: New Skinny

I'm sure everyone is counting down the hours until this weekend begins. It always seems that shorter weeks like this drag on and on making it seem longer than a normal week. If you're in need of a relaxing drink on this Thirsty Thursday, I've got just the fix for you. When summer gets into full swing, the only drink that seems to quench the heat is a delicious mojito. Next to a margarita, I would have to confess that it is my favorite drink. Bethenny Frankel has a great "Skinny" recipe to put a twist on this classic. And my uncle brought me a jar of local honey this week so what better way to put it to good use.
Recipe via Bethenny Frankel

Skinnygirl Mojito

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lime

  • 1 cup ice

  • 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice

  • 1/2 tsp. gently warmed honey

  • 2 oz. clear rum

  • 4 oz. club soda

  • mint and lime for garnish


  • Preparation:
    1. In a martini shaker, use a long spoon to muddle 1/2 fresh lime cut into six wedges.
    2. Add 1 cup ice and 1 1/2 tbsp. lime juice.
    3. Combine 1/2 tsp. gently warmed honey, 2 oz. clear rum and 4 oz. club soda. Add this combination to muddled mixture.
    4. Stir until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass filled with ice. Garnish with mint and lime.
    While on the topic of Bethenny Frankel, the newest of the Skinnygirl cocktails has finally been released and will be in all store by the end of August... just in time for my birthday! Welcome Skinnygirl White Sangria. This drink is a fruity concoction with a light taste... not too sweet. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Cheers!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment