Tuesday, June 21, 2011

No Pain ... No Gain

Happy First Day of Summer and Happy National Wear Your Lilly Day!

It's hard to believe that today is only the first day of summer. I feel like summer has been well under way for at least a week now with these extreme temperatures and gorgeous weather. If only this meant that my summer vacation could be extended until the last day of summer.

I also wish I could say that I was wearing my Lilly Pulitzer today but I have been at my parent's house since this weekend (going back and forth between the hospital and their house to see my pawpaw) and neglected to pack my Lilly. Instead I have adorned my new summer look... sadly it is not as classy as Lilly but just as comfortable and good for my messy days of crafting that I've started.

This week, in my boredom, I stumbled upon some DIY websites and gather a list of crafts that I want to complete for my new house (once again...more info to come.) After 9 trips to my local craft store (yes the clerk knows me by name now) and multiple blisters on my fingers from a hot glue gun, I've checked off my first craft from the list.
a wreath for my front door



I just might start getting good as this crafty stuff... if only I could stop getting hurt in the process. Maybe this could be my way of making a little money this summer.
Let me know if you're interested in a wreath and you could start my little business going.


With blistered fingers and a glue covered table.

No comments:

Post a Comment