Friday, June 3, 2011

"Reality"

I have to admit a guilty pleasure of mine... Real Housewives of New York, Orange County, New Jersey, Atalanta (definitely not my favorite,) Beverly Hills, DC, and Miami (not worthy of sharing the show's title.) I love them all, but one thing I do hate is the fact that I start watching these addictive reality shows when I'm getting into bed, intending to have a good night's sleep, and instead I end up consumed in four hours of RH.

I constantly catch myself talking to screaming at the TV while watching these reality shows because I cannot help but want to stop these ladies from trudging down a road of an embarrassing lack of class. When did cat fights between grown women, gossiping to the point of being crude and public lude behavior become the norm or "reality." We're not talking Jersey Shore here where it is expected for the cast to behave outlandishly... these are adult women who are supposed to come from a level of society based on class not trash.

Now I will be the first to say that I've had my share of drama in the past but never have I thrown wine in some one's face, ruined a special occasion (wedding, christening, etc.) or told a girlfriend that there is a "pecking order" in our group. I may also have had my moments of hysteria (which I'm glad are not recorded for the world to see) but at the same time I don't live with the awareness of cameras following my every move. Surely this makes you think twice about how much of these scenes are provoked by producers and how much is true reality. 

via
Last night was one of those times when I got into bed with the intentions of going straight to sleep but instead I was captivated by 3 hours of Real Housewives of New York. But instead of being amused by these ladies' crazy antics, I was appalled beyond all measures by Ramona's behavior. The more I watched, the more my blood began to boil. I could not believe how rude and disrespectful she was of another culture as they were taking an adventurous trip to Morocco. So Madonna-esque and not in a good way! The drama and childish actions of these women are starting to become more frustrating than entertaining.
We have morphed into a generation that thrives on drama whether it be our own or that of others. Are you a RHONY fan... if so, do you think some of these women have now taken their new found "fame" too far?

No comments:

Post a Comment